Are you suffering from some sort of shoulder or arm pain? Have you been living with it for quite some time and need help? Do you think you may need physical therapy? Osteopractors, Mohinder Chawdry of Total Health Center in Battle Creek and Lake Odessa, MI, can help relieve your pain.
Why do I have shoulder or arm pain?
Shoulder or arm pain can occur due to a variety of conditions, including:
- Bursitis: This is an inflammation of a bursa sac, a fluid-filled sac that reduces friction between tissues of the body, like bone, muscle, tendons, and skin. When this sac becomes inflamed, or irritated, pain shoots down your arm and limits your range of motion. Bursitis is common in adults over the age of 40. It is also common in people who do activities that put repeated pressure on a joint, like gardening, raking, painting, scrubbing, tennis, and golf. It also affects people who sit or stand for a long time at work or home, and people who don't stretch properly before exercising.
- Tendinitis: This is the inflammation or irritation of a tendon, which causes pain and tenderness. Tendinitis can occur in any tendon, but it's most common around your shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and heels. Common names include: jumper's knee, swimmer's shoulder, pitcher's shoulder, golfer's elbow, and tennis elbow. Tendinitis can be successfully treated but if it's severe, this may lead to a ruptured tendon and require surgery.
How can physical therapy help?
Physical therapy stabilizes your shoulder joint, strengthens muscles, improves range of motion and decreases pain.
- Physical therapy involves stretching muscles in joints.
- Your Battle Creek or Lake Odessa osteopractor uses heat, ice packs, massage and electrical stimulation to decrease pain.
- You're taught other specific exercises to strengthen your arm and improve your range of motion.
- Exercises include using resistance bands and weight training to help you use your shoulder and arm without pain.
Do you need to speak with an osteopractor?
Do you have shoulder or arm pain? Call your Battle Creek and Lake Odessa, MI, osteopractor Mohinder Chawdhry, at (269) 968-0888 to schedule an appointment.